Saturday, April 5, 2008

Faller at the first hurdle

3.55 pm, Saturday 5th April; 20 minutes to go until the Grand National is underway. Like millions of others, I've stuck a pin in the form guide, and selected the three-legged donkey that will crash at the first fence taking my hopes with it. As it is April, I'm looking out the window at a hail storm. So I thought I'd place my bet over the interweb.

When I tried to visit the website of one of the major UK bookmakers, I was greeted with the message, "The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties..."

That's poor website management. We all know how popular the National is, so why they didn't get extra bandwidth to cope with the extra demand mystifies me. I mean, just how much money will they lose today?

The only saving grace is that at least *I* won't lose my money this year.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home